Friday, August 28, 2015
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Welcome to the main page for the poll based death battle tournament, featuring some of the most famous and iconic skyscraper sized monsters to ever be made, along with a few all stars you might not know about. This is a tournament, created in good fun to pay tribute to some of the world's best monsters, in the style of a fun, imaginative tournament where abilities, strengths, and weaknesses will be tested.
The mighty creatures that appear down below have been called forth to test their mettle. The battleground is anywhere. Land, sea, air, city, mountain, plain, desert...no place is a safe haven. Your voice will help each monster in battle. Conflict is inevitable.
Let them fight.
1. Monster battles will be selected at random. Each monster participating in this tournament will be assigned a number. A random number generator will randomly select two monsters, and those two will combat. This means iconic monsters may not make it past round one. This isn't a ranking tournament. This is again, for fun. We all know that Mothra can hold her own against a number of foes but if she's facing King Ghidorah in round one, she might be out for the count.
2. I'm going to say this only once. Size. Doesn't. Always. Matter. Okay, maybe that's a strict way of putting it. How about, size shouldn't be your only factor. I say this because when I ask about who would triump between X and Y, I tend to get a lot of "X because he weighs more and is bigger". Remember, this is based on the overall abilities, intelligence, cunning, strength, and just overall combat factor of the monster. If I must, I will do what Toho has done before, and reduce or increase the size of monsters in certain stages. I don't want to, but I will if I feel the need to. That way if King Kong finds himself facing Varan...people don't just vote for Varan because King Kong in their eyes is only 30 feet tall. If I am forced to, I will Toho size King Kong.
3. If a monster is shown to have done it before, he can likely do it here. Now, when it comes to the abilities of the creatures, I will usually allow abilities if they've been done repeatedly before. However there are things that will be left out. Example...Godzilla will not be able to fly using his Atmoic Breath, or do physics defying dropkicks. I'm sure they're fun to watch on screen, but it won't be done here. I will provide a detailed list of abilities and attacks that are possible for each monster.
4. There can be no victor if there is no battlefield. I am forcing this. I don't care if a monster has the capability of blowing the planet up. If it has the capability of destroying the land in such a fashion, or whatnot, it will not be able to use it here.
5. The polls will be placed in three (maybe four) groups. The Google+ Communities of Death Battle, Godzilla, and Kaiju/Jurassic Park Fanbase. Votes will be combined to determine the winner of each round. Results will be posted with each new round.
6. Have fun. This poll tournament is meant for the purpose of entertainment. This isn't a poll to try and show that certain monsters aren't the greatest, or that a certain group of monsters are supreme. This is meant for absolute fun.I'm sure the overall winner of this tournament is going to be very predictable, but I think it will be fun to see how we get there. I'm hoping not only to show off some very iconic monsters in this fashion, but to perhaps introduce you to some good movie monsters you didn't even know existed.
I think that about covers it. Your roster is down below, along with their abilities, and descriptions. Their status of whether or not they've been eliminated will be shown next to their name. Thanks for visiting!